Xiaomi’s first Mi VR Play headset launched
Xiaomi, the Chinese tech giant also known as Apple of China just launched its first Mi VR Play headset. The world has reached a phase where Virtual Reality is on the verge of becoming main stream. It is no major surprise because the company first started teasing about this possibility late last month. Xiaomi Mi VR Play headset is launched only in China. That means currently it will be available in mainland China. The Mi VR Play looks like a refined version of the ANT VR headset. The headset looks less sophisticated than the Samsung Galaxy Gear VR.
The Xiaomi Mi VR Play headset will be compatible with smartphones having screen size from 4.7-inch to 5.7-inch. As an introductory offer, Xiaomi is offering the Mi VR Play headset for a mere RMB 1 (Approx. Rs 11). It is part of a beta program for users in China only. Xiaomi has received around 1 million registrations after the announcement of beta program on 1 August. The Xiaomi Mi VR headset comes with a 2-way zipper which helps with a firm grip on the 4.7-inch to 5.7-inch smartphones.
— Hugo Barra (@hbarra) August 4, 2016
According to sources the pricing of Mi VR Play is expected to be around $99 (Approx. Rs 6700). The Xiaomi Mi VR Play provides an immersive VR experience in a sleek, stylish, and functional form factor. Check out the main features:
- Immersive VR experience in lightweight, ultra-comfortable Lycra with secure two-way zip design.
- Accommodates 4.7”-5.7” smartphones.
- Textured metal button lets you control your smartphone easily.
- Anti-slip strips keep your smartphone secure and aligned with the lenses, no need to keep fiddling for the best possible view.
- Anti-reflective, optical-grade aspheric lens provides maximum clarity.
- Panoramic 2D and 3D Chinese content library.
- Personalize and play. Mi VR Play comes with stylish suits that let you show off your personality.
- Mi VR app, an open VR platform for more content in China.