Guide: How to root and install TWRP in OnePlus 3
Good Morning OnePlus 3 users! Here we came with a handy guide How to root and install TWRP in OnePlus 3. Rooting and installing custom recovery like TWRP is necessary to install custom ROM like Cyanogen Mod and MIUI in your device. So here is our guide to root and install TWRP recovery without bricking your device. So let’s start:
Things needed to root and install TWRP in OnePlus 3:
- Laptop or Desktop with windows OS.
- USB Data cable.
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers. (Download from here).
- TWRP recovery for OnePlus 3 (Download the latest version from here).
- zip flashable via TWRP (Download from here).
- Bootloader should be unlocked your OnePlus 3.
Read our Guide How to Unlock Bootloader in OnePlus 3: Click Here
Warning: Rooting the mobile may delete all data in internal storage. Keep backup all the files stored in internal storage.
How to install TWRP in OnePlus 3:
- Power off your device and boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up + power.
- Rename the recovery file that you downloaded above to img.
- Put the recovery file on the desktop.
- Open a new command prompt on desktop and run the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the flash has completed just unplug your device and then Manually boot it into recovery by keeping Power + Volume Down button pressed.
- Now in TWRP select Reboot and then select System. Now your phone will boot into System.
How to root OnePlus 3:
- Power off your device and boot it into recovery mode by holding volume down + power.
- Go to Install > browse to SuperSU.zip and select it
- Swipe to confirm the installation.
- Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Dalvik + System + Data + Cache > Swipe to Wipe.
- After this reboot your device.
You have successfully rooted your Oneplus 3. Now you can install any custom ROM via TWRP recovery in your Oneplus 3. If you have any problem in root and install TWRP please ask in the comment box. We are happy to help.