Guide to Install Oxygen OS in One Plus One
After the release of Oxygen OS for OnePlus One. It is a big question for users how to install Oxygen OS in the device. The major point is to install Oxygen OS without brick the device. As all users are exited to install Oxygen OS which is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. We at techbyts has the noob friendly guide to install Oxygen OS. Just follow the below instructions:
Instructions to Install Oxygen OS:
- First of all just make sure you have back up everything from your device before doing anything.
- Now you need to download TWRP and Android SDK. (Slim Version is here).
- Confirm that Android SDK is working, open command prompt and enter following command:
If the result displays is “Android Debug Bridge version X.X.X.” then its working fine.
- Make sure you have ADB Driver for OnePlus One. If you don’t have then download from here.
- After this boot the device into fastboot mode by holding down the volume up button and the power button. When you see the fastboot logo, connect the device to computer.
- Go to the commend prompt, find the folder where you put the recovery image and run the following command: (skip this step if you already unlocked bootloader)
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery <recovery.img>
- After that unzip the downloaded oxygenos_1.0.0.zip. Copy the file “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip” to phone.
- Boot device into recovery mode. You can do this on your OnePlus One by holding down both the volume down key and the power button.
- When you are in the recovery mode, do a factory reset.
- After the wipe, go to install and find the file “oxygenos_1.0.0.flashable.zip”. flash the zip file to install Oxygen OS onto your Oneplus One.
After the flash succeed, reboot the OnePlus One and it will take you into new Oxygen OS.