A Handy Guide to unlock OnePlus 3 Bootloader
OnePlus 3 is the latest flagship killer from the Chinese manufacturer OnePlus. It was the first smartphone to have 6GB RAM. Many android lover was wondering how to unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader without breaking the device. Here is a guide to unlock OnePlus 3 Bootloader with full safety.
Requirements before you start unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader:
- USB Drivers for the OnePlus 3.
- ADB and Fastboot installation guide on Windows.
- ADB and Fastboot installation guide on MAC/Linux.
- Make sure to backup all data off your OnePlus 3.
WARNING: Unlocking the Bootloader will delete your all user data.
Step by step tutorial and guide for Unlock OnePlus 3 bootloader:
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot binaries using the above link for your operating system.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on OnePlus 3.
- Open the command console as an administrator on your PC.
- Connect your Android to the PC using USB cable.
- Enter the following command on the command window opened to check the connection:
If your phones serial number shows up, you are ready to continue. If the phone is NOT listed that means your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
6. Now enter the following command to unlock bootloader: This command will delete all user data present on your device.
fastboot oem unlock
7. After executing the above command restart your device by using following command:
Congratulation!!! You have now successfully unlocked the Bootloader on your OnePlus 3. Now you can flash any custom ROM including Cyanogen OS in your device. If you face any problems, then just comment below to get instant help.