Digital Locker by Indian Govt is Launched in Beta Version for Public.
The Indian government has launched the beta version of digital locker system. The system allows users to store all their documents like certificates, identity proofs in digital format on the locker. This project was developing under Digital India Programme. The locker can be accessed through the Aadhar Number of Indian residents which was allotted to every individual. Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) Ministry of Communications & IT, Government of India is working in full swing on this project.
The digital locker has been launched to end the hassle of carrying all the documents necessary for most government related as well as personal purposes across the country. The documents on the locker are accessible to the user from anywhere upon logging in to the system. The service aims at reducing the use of physical documents.
What is Digital Locker by Indian Govt:
Dedicated personal storage space, linked to each resident’s Aadhaar Number.
- To securely store e-documents.
- To store Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) link of e-documents issued by the issuer departments.
- To Digitally sign e-documents using eSign online service.
- For more details about digital locker by Indian govt : click here.
Features of Digital Locker by Indian Govt:
- It will minimize the use of physical documents.
- It will provide authenticity of the e-documents.
- It will provide secure access to Govt. issued documents.
- It will reduce administrative overhead of Govt. departments and agencies and make it easy for the residents to receive services.
Storage space in the digital locker is provided by National Informatics Center (NIC) and the project is being developed by the Center for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC). Users can provide their suggestion on the services through the mygov.in website.